Author: Fauziyya Tukur
2023 WPI FellowJournalism, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
Posts by Fauziyya Tukur:
How George Floyd’s murder impacted journalism in the United States
by Fauziyya Tukur | Mar 15, 2023 | Changes in Journalism, JournalismThe murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers on May 25, 2020, sparked a national conversation about systemic racism and police brutality in the United States. It also brought many changes to American newsrooms and newsrooms across the world and in essence...
Recent blog posts
- Freedom of expression at a crossroads: Section 230 and the spread of disinformation in America
- Trust in local news stays high, but self-censorship is part of the equation
- Minnesota: Big on voting turnout and on paper ballots
- Coping with PTSD as a journalist in an unrelenting news cycle
- Abortion debate in the eyes of an abortion clinic escort in Minnesota
We asked different groups in Minneapolis what changed in their town after George Floyd's murder?
Not much, was their reply.
In @finnowl's first #WPIFellowship blog post, he wonders if the defamation case against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems will drag down other media, too. Minnesota academics and journalists weigh in:
Check out my latest @GlobalMinnesota podcast episode w/ @Fawzeyah & @SaqibTanveer of this year's @worldpressinst International Fellows! Hear about the challenges of conducting journalism and speaking truth to power in Nigeria and Pakistan.