Author: DANILO ALVES SILVA
2023 WPI FellowJournalist, GloboNews
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts by DANILO ALVES SILVA:
U.S. Exports More than Just Goods: Democracy, Culture and Politicians Among Them – ‘For good and bad’
by DANILO ALVES SILVA | Mar 11, 2023 | Democracy, PoliticsThe United States is a global superpower, known for its big-name companies, such as Apple, General Motors, Pfizer and Coca-Cola. These corporations are household names in many countries. But the United States’ global influence extends far beyond consumer goods....
Recent blog posts
- Freedom of expression at a crossroads: Section 230 and the spread of disinformation in America
- Trust in local news stays high, but self-censorship is part of the equation
- Minnesota: Big on voting turnout and on paper ballots
- Coping with PTSD as a journalist in an unrelenting news cycle
- Abortion debate in the eyes of an abortion clinic escort in Minnesota
We asked different groups in Minneapolis what changed in their town after George Floyd's murder?
Not much, was their reply.
In @finnowl's first #WPIFellowship blog post, he wonders if the defamation case against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems will drag down other media, too. Minnesota academics and journalists weigh in:
Check out my latest @GlobalMinnesota podcast episode w/ @Fawzeyah & @SaqibTanveer of this year's @worldpressinst International Fellows! Hear about the challenges of conducting journalism and speaking truth to power in Nigeria and Pakistan.